Top 10 beaches in Brazil
Brazil’s excellent weather and amazing coastline (more than 8.000 kms/4.650 miles of it) makes up for the most beautiful beaches in the world. You have a great selection to choose from but we narrowed it down to the top 10 for you!
3. Porto de Galinhas – Is a very famous beach and a very touristic destination. This beach is situated in a small fisherman’s village and is warm all year round. It translates to ‘Chicken Port’ and the name originates from the slavery time where it was forbidden to mention slavery so the word was changed to “chickens”.
5. Ipanema Beach – Ipanema and Copacabana are probably the most iconic beach names around the world. It is the classic choice. It has a beautiful sight, filled with kiosks where you can have coconut water – “água de coco”. It is often crowded but if you want a more secluded area try Arpoador Beach that is hidden by the cliffs (further down).
6. Copacabana Beach – Another crowded beach but a must-see for sure. The mosaic-covered sidewalk ( calçada in portuguese) is perfect for those end of the day strolls. The sand is bright and the waves are always blue.
8. Praia do Forte – Located near Salvador on the Coconut tree Coast is perfect to watch the sunrise. If you enjoy discovering the wild life around you can see humpback whales when you take a boat ride.
9. Praia do Sancho – In the Pernambuco State this beach is isolated and surrounded by beautiful high cliffs. The sand is white and the sea is of a stunning emerald green. Between the months of February and June you can see two beautiful waterfalls that drop on top of the cliffs.
10. Porto da Barra – Is the Venice beach of the Bahia state. It’s surrounded by small fishing boats, you can play volley and sightseeing in the Fisherman’s Colony Manguinhos – the traditional fish market.